Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Christian Smith Meets Robert Gundry. Smithereens!

I had intended to write a review of Christian Smith's The Bible Made Impossible: Why Biblicism Is Not a Truly Evangelical Reading of Scripture. However, now that senior evangelical statesman, Robert Gundry has done so and very well, anything I might have said is rendered superfluous. Read Gundry's superb review, Smithereens!, in Books & Culture.

Peter Leithart also has offered a review of Smith's book at First Things.

Kevin DeYoung offers a surrejoinder to Smith's rejoinder to his initial critique of the book.

2 comments:

Christian Smith said...

Not so fast. See my reply to Gundry in the next print issue.

abcaneday said...

Just so you know, I have actually read your book, and I believe, with understanding.

I will be eager to read your reply to Robert Gundry.

Thanks for stopping by.