Friday, January 02, 2009

Read John Calvin's Institutes in this, the 500th Anniversary of Calvin's Birth

Since this is the 500th anniversary of John Calvin's birth (July 10, 1509), it is fitting that Christians around the world celebrate the theological accomplishments of John Calvin.

One resource that will greatly assist us all to do this is hosted by Princeton Seminary. Find the Princeton Seminary site here. Look for the various resources made available: a reading schedule, audio podcast, readings for your mobile device, weekly reflections, etc.

Princeton is making available on-line Ford Lewis Battles' translation of the Institutes of the Christian Religion. Find segmented readings for each day. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Kristy Lashbaugh said...

Greetings, Woodcrafter. It's been a long time since I've had the pleasure of reading your prose, not since KOPJ at delphi, I think. I hope that you'll remember me. My name there was Chanan. I found your response to "Christianprof3's" accusations of bigotry exceptional reading. Good job!

I was just meandering through the Internet this morning and came across your blog and thought I'd drop you a line. Hope you enjoy the rest of the winter break.

Kristy Lashbaugh

P.S. There's no need to approve this comment. I tried to find a way to e-mail you, but my brief search was fruitless so I opted for this. I can be reached via e-mail at lashb007@umn.edu.

Pilgrim said...

Wait... you're a CALVINIST?!?!

Just kidding. Happy Calvin Pentacentennial!

abcaneday said...

Kristy,

Yes, I do remember you from KOPJ. Wow! That seems like such a long time ago. And you remembered by moniker.

So, you're at the UofMN? Thanks for stopping by and posting.

Happy New Year!